RF Microneedling/Morpheus8 - Logan, Utah
Radio Frequency Microneedling is used to:
- Address textural concerns
- Tighten crepey skin
- Reduce the appearance of acne scarring
- Correct small areas of pigmentation
- Reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- Stimulate collagen production
Microneedling Post Treatment Instructions
- Your recovery time will be influenced by how aggressive a treatment you’ve received and your individual skin’s response. Your Skin Care Specialist will have discussed with you the individual time frame but you should expect between 1-4 days.
- Sun Exposure: Avoid direct sun for 3-5 days.
- Sun Block is mandatory if outside and should be reapplied every 2 hours. Physical Sunblock is recommended.
- Waxing/Laser treatments: Avoid for 2 weeks.
- Facial Treatments: Avoid for 2 weeks.
- Exercise or swimming: Avoid for 24 hours (Do not want to sweat).
- No Exfoliating Products, Vitamin C, Retin-A, Astringents, Acids, or products containing alcohol/fragrance for 3 days unless instructed by your skin care specialist.
- No Make-up for 24 hours. It is recommended to use mineral makeup after that time.
- Increase water intake to include at least 8 glasses.
- Wash the treated area with a gentle cleanser 3 days post treatment. Do NOT use washcloths as that can irritate your skin.
- Do not pick at your skin!
I understand and agree to comply with the above instructions. I also agree to contact the clinic with any further questions or if an adverse reaction occurs.
Skin Consult Questionnaire
- What areas would you like to improve on your skin?
- Do you smoke?
- Any known allergies?
- Do you have a tendency to keloid scar?
- Do you suffer from claustrophobia or anxiety?
- Do you use sunscreen daily? What is your sun exposure like?
- Are you currently taking Accutane or a retinol product?
- What is your diet like? Do you take any supplements? 9. What is your skin care routine?
Side Effects Typically Include:
● Minor flaking or dryness of the skin, with scab formation in rare cases.
● Crusting, discomfort, bruising and swelling may occur.
● Pinpoint bleeding.
● It is possible to have a cold sore flare if you have a history of outbreaks.
● Freckles may lighten temporarily or permanently disappear in treated areas.
Infection is rare but if you see any signs of tender redness or pus notify our office immediately. ● Hyperpigmentation (darkening of the skin) rarely occurs and usually resolves itself after a month.
● Permanent scarring (less than 1%) is extremely rare.
I understand that if I have MicroNeedling with PRP that my blood will be drawn and spun to extract the platelet rich plasma. The plasma portion of my blood will be used as part of my treatment. I acknowledge that with any blood draw that bruising may occur at the needle stick site.
I have been informed about the treatment, procedure, indications, expected results and possible side effects. I understand that I am required to have photographs taken before, during and after treatment for my medical records. Although the results are usually dramatic I have been informed that the practice of medicine is not an exact science and that no guarantees can be or have been made concerning the expected results in my case. I am undergoing treatment of my own free will.
I agree that this procedure is being performed for cosmetic reasons. I am also aware of and accept the risk of unforeseen complications that may not have been discussed and which may result from this treatment.
I acknowledge my obligation to follow the instructions closely and visit the office as directed. I certify that I have read the above consent agreement and fully understand it. These items have been reviewed and discussed with the nurse/skin care specialist and all my questions have been answered to my satisfaction.