If you are a beauty lover, you’ve perhaps heard about the Vampire Facial and how this innovative technique has shaken the aesthetic industry due to its effective outcomes. And distinct to the blood-loving vampires who take your blood but don’t give it back, the aesthetician who performs your vampire facial takes your blood, isolates the platelets, and then infuses back to your skin. The idea is to use your platelet-rich plasma to enhance your cell growth and offer natural results. Below are some of the key points that you must be aware of for deciding to opt for this game-changing aesthetic treatment.
What is a Vampire Facial?
A “vampire facial” is a cosmetic treatment during which a skin expert draws blood from the patient’s arm, centrifuges it to isolate the plasma and platelets from the red blood cells, and then adds the platelet-rich plasma into the target region. As an added advantage, a Vampire facial involves creating micro-injuries in the skin with a series of micro-needles before application of the plasma. Despite the scary name, the “vampire” facial is truly a highly safe and holistic experience as the treatment involves using Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) isolated from the own blood of the patient. These cells are injected into the target region to mix the platelets, growth factors, and other essential aspects present in the plasma into the injection region resulting in the below benefits:
- Enhancing the skin cell turnover and generation of collagen.
- Even skin tone and texture
- Decreasing the size of pore and acne scars
- Decreasing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines
Sports medicine is utilizing PRP injections for many years to aid in restoring the cells and hurry up the healing process for joint and muscle injuries. Along with orthopedics, this technique is also employed in plastic surgery, burn treatments, etc. The strategy in Vampire facials is to fill the skin with platelets comprising growth factors, that are highly beneficial in the healing of wounds. Researchers have found enough evidence of growth factors to stimulate new collagen growth in the face. Collagen is the protein in skin that is responsible for firmness and young-looking skin.
PRP is a concentrated source of platelets comprising growth factors present naturally in the body that aid in adding and controlling the regenerative processes in the human body. In the initial consultation, the skin expert will analyze the requirements and then act accordingly by cleansing the marking the target region on the face that will get distinct consideration. Once the blood is drawn, the PRP will be isolated employing a device called a centrifuge. Even though the procedure involves no major discomfort, topical anesthesia is applied to the region to make sure if the procedure smooth. Then, an advanced micro-needling pen consisting of several microneedles is utilized to create tiny pricks on the skin. Treatment begins with the application of PRP topically onto the target regions of the skin to stimulate soft tissue remodeling that generates a more youthful looking, glowing appearance.
This procedure is carried usually in three steps that aid the skin to receive the best results in successful ways. This initial treatment encourages the natural development of collagen, which creates a fuller, and more youthful-looking appearance. After the second treatment, which is performed typically after 1.5 months from the first, a skin specialist gets more chance to innovate since the skin is already known to micro-needling earlier and can absorb the PRP into the target regions. Once this second session is done, another treatment may be scheduled after some days, successfully enhancing the results of the previous treatments. After completion of every treatment in the series, the skin will develop good absorbing power to redness and peeling, reducing the downtime further and generating ideal results more swiftly.
- Vampire facials do a clean task of enhancing the cell turnover in the skin, generating collagen and elastin production, evening out the lines, and breaking up the scar tissue.
- When compared to a traditional micro-needling procedure, a vampire facial can drastically decrease recovery and redness downtime. But it is key to note that complete results are seen gradually over few weeks after the treatment which is dependent on the patient skin type and overall health condition.
- Patients will surely see changes after the initial series of treatments which will slowly increase if you take proper care of the skin. Typically, a patient will see the best outcomes after three series of injections and continue seeing improvements for a year.
- Vampire facials are the best natural substitute for chemical injections such as Botox or other fillers and mimic the outcomes of expansive facelift within no time. With minimal downtime for recovery, your known ones will never know if you have done any extra work on your target region.
- The growth factors present in PRP repair damaged skin cells while motivating the skin’s natural ability to generate elastin and collagen, reducing wrinkles and fine lines, and also fading acne scars. The healing proteins in vampire facials work as a skin rejuvenating aspect that enhances the appearance and quality of the skin.
- The effects of this young-looking skin will be retained for several months after the treatment if they are performed under the supervision of qualified skin experts.
- Vampire facials aren’t just for celebrities, but even for the common individual to enhance the skin quality. Regardless of your goals to delay the aging process, reduce acne scars, or avoid expansive beauty treatments, vampire facials are the ideal way to rejuvenate the skin using the body’s healing mechanism.
The Vampire Facial truly is a ground-breaking procedure that can aid you to resolve multiple skin issues when combined with the proper pre-and post-treatment products and expert suggestions. If you are looking to get the benefits of this treatment, head out to Ascent aesthetics who understand the individuals needs of every patient, and customize the treatment to offer effective results that you will love.