Filler - Logan, Utah
Dermal fillers are an FDA-approved service utilizing injections containing hyaluronic acids, collagens, transplanted fat, polymers. Popular brands include Juvederm, Restylane, Radiesse, and Sculptra. The process of getting fillers is short and sweet, with minimal downtime and side effects.
Dermal Fillers may be used for:
- Fuller lips
- Cheek volume restoration or enhancement
- Marionette lines
- Eyebrow creases
- Drooping eyebrows
- Chin wrinkles
- The hollowness in under eyes or temples
- Lipstick lines
- Sagging lip corners
- Ear lobe correction
Is Filler Right For Me?
If you’re looking to restore or add volume in treatable areas – especially the cheeks or lips – filler is a great option. Fillers are perfect for someone who wants full lips or cheeks and those who are looking to smooth out existing creases or folds.
Pre & Post Dermal Filler Treatment Instructions
- Avoid taking aspirin, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications, St John’s Wort, Omega 3 fatty acids (fish oil), Vitamin E, and supplements containing green tea for 1-2 weeks prior to treatment to reduce the risk of bruising and bleeding at the injection site.
- Avoid alcohol 24 hours prior to treatment. This will also reduce the risk of bruising and bleeding.
- This procedure will result in swelling and redness at the injection sites, which will last 1-3 days. There may be bruising which can last anywhere from 3-14 days depending on the individual, however this usually can be camouflaged with concealer make-up. It is recommended to plan your treatment accordingly around your work and social calendar. Usually we recommend allowing 2 weeks prior to any major events just in case significant bruising happens to occur.
- Please notify Ascent Aesthetics if you have a history of cold sores. If you are prone to cold sores, consult with your primary care provider prior to undergoing aesthetic treatments.
- Immediately after treatment, the most commonly reported side effects are temporary redness and swelling at the injection site. These effects typically resolve within 2-3 days. Cold compresses may be used immediately after treatment to reduce swelling.
- If bruising is present topical Arnica can be used and/or Arnica 30C sublingual pellets.
- Avoid touching the treated area for 6 hours following treatment. Avoid exaggerated facial movements / expressions.
- No make-up for 6 hours after treatment.
- Avoid direct prolonged sun exposure until initial redness and swelling have resolved.
- Avoid exercise for 1 to 2 days post-treatment.
- Avoid kissing, puckering, using a straw, and “lip plumpers”. This can displace the filler material and cause complications.
- Staying well hydrated can improve results. Filler attracts and binds to water to add volume to the skin.
- Avoid facials, peels, micro‐dermabrasion, dental treatment, and “face down” massages for two weeks. Also, sleep on your back for the next few nights.
- Since Dermal Fillers are a temporary treatment, the results will eventually wear off and Dermal Fillers will need to be injected again. Evidence shows that having a follow-up treatment before the product has fully dissipated will enhance the lasting effect. It is recommended to receive your next treatment within 6-9 months for Juvederm and Restylane products and 12-18 months for Voluma.
- Call the office or your provider immediately to report any pain, redness, blisters, itching, or skin blanching.
- Have you had any previous injectables?
- If so, do you know the product that was injected?
- Have you had any facial surgery?
- Do you have any allergies to medication?
- Are you currently taking any medications?
- Are you pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Do you have any history of cold sores, canker sores, or shingles? If so, how frequently and where do they occur?
- Do you suffer from any neurological / neuromuscular disease?
- Do you suffer from an autoimmune disorder or one that affects your immune system?
- Have you had or do you plan on having any dental work in the past two or next two weeks?
A. PURPOSE & BACKGROUND
As my patient, you have requested my administration of Dermal Fillers; used in the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds. All medical and cosmetic procedures carry risks and may cause complications. The purpose of this document is to make you aware of the nature of the procedure and its risks in advance so that you can decide whether to proceed with the procedure.